A step-by-step guide
After receiving your KINI Robot, it can easily be set up and started using the following steps. The simple process allows your little one to start coding and having fun in no time!
Download the KINI app
Find the KINI App (Available on iOS and Android) using your device's App Provider. Once you download the app, open it to get started.
Connect KINI to Wi-Fi
Using the instructions available on the App, or in your KINI Kit, connect KINI to your Wi-Fi Network.
- Download the KINI App from your mobile device’s App Provider.
- Turn on your charged KINI Robot and open the Settings App on your mobile device.
- Go to the Wi-Fi in your settings, and connect to the Wi-Fi that is called "Colmakers-…"
- Next, open the KINI App. Click on the Settings Tab in the bottom right corner.
- Finally, choose your Wi-Fi Network from the list in the Settings Tab. Type in your Wi-Fi password, and you’re good to go!
Discover the controls
Take a look around the KINI App - try controlling KINI using the joystick. There are also many sensors available to use, test out a few on your own. There are endless possibilities!
Watch video activities
A wide variety of age-specific video activities are available on the KINI App. To learn to code KINI, try watching a few to get the hang of things!
Using what you learned in the video activities, try controlling KINI using Blockly in the App. Make KINI move around the room, try changing KINI's light colours, or even make KINI do a dance routine!
Once your child has created something amazing, they shouldn't be afraid to show it off! Whether they share with parents, grandparents, teachers, siblings or friends, they can be proud of something they created, all while having fun! And feel free to share Social Media too, as we love to see people having fun with KINI!